PLR is short for private label rights, and in this article, we’re going to answer your most burning questions of how do I start a reseller business and also touch on different PLR resources that you can use for your new resellers superstore business.
So, what is a PLR product? According to Wikipedia, PLR or private label rights refer to the license that an author sells, representing all or most of their intellectual property rights to a specific product. You need a similar license if you resell digital products as well.
Consequently, if you’re looking to start a resellers superstore business, you’re going to need all that information and something more. You’ll need the right resale rights products business opportunities. Let’s look into that, shall we?
How to Start Your Resellers Superstore with IDPLR
PLR products are basically the fruit of somebody’s work that they decided to release as PLR. This means anyone can buy the rights to market and sell these products on their own. Moreover, if you buy the rights to a product, you can even edit that product to make it your own.
PLR products are usually:
- Blog posts
So, these are all digital marketing products that you can use for your internet business, whether it is a website, a vlog, or a podcast. You can use these products for your own platform as they are or edit and sell them as your own brand.
IDPLR is a membership-based platform where you will find thousands of PLR products you can market and resell as your own. The company was founded in 2008, and now there are over 100,000 members on it. When you buy your membership, you’ll get instant access to all of their 12,000 PLR products and services.
IDPLR Membership and Features
So, based on your membership plan, you can unlock plenty more features on the platform:
- Web hosting up to 10Gb
- A WordPress add-on for the easy creation of landing pages
- Access to an additional ContextX database which contains constantly updated content
- Training on how to make money with PLR products
- A special cover creator to rebrand the products
So, if you are looking for a rich database of digital products you can resell right now, you will definitely find it on IDPLR. Therefore, once you create an account and buy your memberships, you can start downloading the products that interest you. The products have detailed descriptions attached to them, so you’ll know what you get. Moreover, each product has different rights to it. There are 9 variables here:
- You can freely sell the product and keep 100% of the profit; that’s the super sell type.
- You have the right to change any aspect of the product; so, you can modify the author’s name, the cover, branding, etc.
- The product can be sold as part of a bundle.
- Allows for personal use – as a result, you can use that information and include it into another project you’re working on
- You have access to graphic changes.
- Adjust the sales letter so you can place your own name on it
- Allows for the sale of hard copies
- You can add the product to your free membership site
The platform has all the makings of a resellers superstore. You can browse for the products by category, type, subcategory, and so on. However, if you want to get an idea of what you’ll find on there, here’s a small list:
- Articles. So, there are over 200,000 articles you can access with a gold membership. You can package and resell these articles, post them on your social media account or send them as part of your newsletter. Moreover, you can create blogs of your own, offer them for free to your subscribers, or sell them on other web pages. It’s up to you.
- eBooks. As far as eBooks are concerned, there are over 6,300 of them on IDPLR. You can edit, claim as your own and resell them. You’ll find books on computer science, social media training, health, graphic design, pets and animals, renewable energy. They are tutorials, manuals, or tips and tricks books.
- Videos. So, most of the videos you’ll find here are on the topic of digital marketing.
- Music and Audio. Therefore, here you’ll find background music, motivational, or tutorials.
- Templates. There are more than 1200 templates on the platform. They range from WordPress themes to Landing Pages, sales letters, even HTML and CSS mini-sites or squeeze pages.
- Graphic packs. These include logos, badges, icons, headers, buttons, etc.
Moreover, you will find plenty of tutorials and training on the website. You will learn everything there is to learn about how to rebrand products and resell on exclusive niches. You will also come to master the art of creating a unique PLR product for yourself.
Wait, it is legal to resell branded content?
By and large, it is not illegal to resell an item that you have purchased. Nevertheless, this business comes with a few issues.
The first issue is linked to the warranty. Now, this issue is not really valid for a digital product. There is no warranty you can offer for a Worpress template. However, if you rebrand and market a physical product, you need to have an arrangement with the original manufacturer. Otherwise, you won’t be able to provide a warranty, and you need to.
The second issue is linked to the trademark. Now, as you have seen above, depending on the product, you have different permissions to modify, resell, rebrand, or change the author name of a product. These rights depend on the permission of the original author. If you don’t follow them, you could end up in a trademark infringement lawsuit, and that’s not nice at all.
Thirdly, there are tax issues, but that depends on the country you’re selling from. Usually, if you’re not careful, you could end up paying a lot of taxes for buying and reselling products.
So, how to rebrand products from Amazon ?? You first have to create a store and product name and develop branding for your future products. This needs to come first before you start downloading the products from IDPLR or other resellers superstore. Then comes the packaging design, the story behind the product, your points of sale and points of difference, and all the rest. You basically have to write a complete story and redesign the PLR, and the rest will follow.
So, are you ready to start your reseller business?
Start with IDPLR.